Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Celebrating Earth Day!

It is with pleasure as a third generation farm family that we celebrate Earth Day today by working God's land!   Farmers tend to get a bad rap sometimes on their stewardship practices.  Everyone must understand that if we weren't good stewards, we would be putting our livelihood and future at great risk.  If we don't do the best job that we can to keep our soils intact and safe we would lose our jobs, basically our life!


This is the scene I have out my kitchen window.  It may not look like much to you, but to me it means food on my table!  The rich deep earth just yearning for a chance to shine by becoming a nursery to the seeds that will be planted, harvested and than shared with the world.  How can that not make me be proud to be a farmer's wife?


Every year, we are giddy with anticipation of what this land, that we call home, has in store for us.  Will it have the ability to produce a good crop?  Will the rains come in a timely fashion?  Will the temperature be just right?  Farmers play a chance of risk every time they set out to start a new year and we are ready for the challenge.


The seed is ready too!  If I could hear them speaking, I think they are saying..."pick me...me first!"

As farmers start this 2014 crop year, I pray that all will be safe and that their hard work will be rewarded with a good year!

Happy Earth Day!

~hugs~  Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment