Saturday, October 19, 2013

A bit out of sync...

Okay, I have to admit, I've been a bit out of sync lately.  I haven't been following my own schedule for productivity with this blog, quilting, cleaning, you name it. My concerns were heartfelt with my doctor yesterday as she shared with me that I was finally (hopefully) in the "real" stage of...you guessed it - menopause.  You see I've been in the "stage" for about three years now and just when I think - yup - Done!  Not! - start again - Grrrrrr!

My lack of concentration, feeling more warm than usual, sluggish and according to my husband, moody - what? has led me to want to just curl up on the couch.  This morning I decided enough is enough - women go through this everyday, every year, I'm not alone....so it's time to get back in the groove.

We finished our soybean harvest at 4 am a few days ago.  The rains came again (trying to be positive - we need moisture in the ground for next year), just hard to have rain during harvest time.  We started picking corn and it's quite muddy, but going well.  We hope the major snow doesn't come too early or maybe, just maybe, we'll get an Indian summer?!?  One could only hope!

Soybean Harvest 2013 DONE!
I had so much fun working on this hat for my granddaughter ( yes, while feeling sorry for myself, sitting on the couch and waiting for the next "taxi" service call) that I just had to share with you.

I'm not the world's best knitter - I do it for fun!

Besides, she loved it and that's all that matters!

It all started with this wonderful ball of wool yarn that I purchased at the state fair this year - yes, this year! Can you believe it, and it's done! Amazing for me!


I found a really fun and easy pattern in this book from my stash.  There are many other projects that are calling my name!  I recently saw the book at our local JoAnn's Fabric store, so I believe it's still in print.


So...back to work crabby lady...who me?

Still lovin' farming...and cooking....and crafting....and etc.
-Julie-


No comments:

Post a Comment