Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The power of the handwritten and handcrafted word!

In this fast paced world we now live in with social media, it is all that more wonderful to receive a card or note in the mail.  Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against social media and the instant messaging and the sharing of information, in fact I'm all for it because I am a bit of an impatient person,  but I do believe in the power of the handwritten word that I'm afraid will disappear.  I believe, I'm on what I would call, a revival of the handwritten and handcrafted word!

 Several months ago, I signed up to be a demonstrator for Stampin' Up.  I did this to appease my inner self's desire to get back to paper crafting and I'm always up for saving money, so why not get the demonstrator discount and get my craft groove back?!  I've been having a wonderful time catching up on my scrap booking and creating cards for occasions.  But some part of this "revival" was missing and I realized it was that I wanted to send cards or notes for "just because" reasons, not only for "an occasion".  There are many things to send cards for that I think, would make someone's day so that is what I'm doing, creating cards to give a smile to that someone who would receive a "just because" card and having a fun time with my love of paper crafts!

If you would indulge me, I will be sharing such cards each week through our Kaelly Studio blog before I send them in the mail.  I'm hoping that they inspire you to want to send some cards too!  Maybe you'll get so excited to be a part of this revival, that you'll also decide to join Stampin' Up for the same reasons that I did.  The more the merrier and more smiles will be made!  This week, I'm sharing a few cards that I'm sending out for various "just becauses".  One for my upline in Stampin' Up, who recently attended convention and was rewarded for her desire to send cards and give smiles! (a WOW!  double blessing!, being recognized for something you love to do...umm...sweet!)


Another for a good friend who is battling cancer and will start chemo this week.  I know sending her good thoughts is what I can do right now to tell her that she's not fighting alone!


My "revival" won't always be for "just because" reasons.  I will still create cards for occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and even sharing my sorrow with a grieving family.  


It is very enjoyable to create a card and write a touching sentiment or even just a simple "hi"! to let someone know you care and that there is a smile on the other end!


P.S.  Want to make these cards too?  I'm hosting a "Treat and Eat" party at my house on Tuesday, July 29th at 6:30 pm.  Let's eat some goodies and create these three cards as a treat from me to you.  This will be very casual, flipflop attire -( remember it is summer "finally" after all!)   A get together time to chat and have some fun being crafty!!  Please RSVP to me at rjsatterlie@gctel.net or pm me on facebook by July 28th so I can get everything ready for you.

-hugs- Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment